The SCSECS 2023 Venue
|Air and Ground Travel
Attendees who travel with American Airlines can fly directly into the cozy local airport, Easterwood (CLL).|
For travel by other airlines, we recommend flying into Bush International (IAH) in Houston. IAH is about a 90-minute drive to The Stella.
Cars can be rented at IAH, but Ground Shuttle runs regular shuttles at approximately 2-hour intervals between IAH and the Bryan-College Station area at a rate of $50/one way.
Serene and beautiful, The Stella is one of newest boutique hotels in the Bryan-College Station area.
Ranked the #3 hotel in Texas by Condé Nast traveler (2020), The Stella boasts modern amenities, quiet pastoral surroundings, pool and cabanas, POV café, the Campfire farm-to-table restaurant, and Hershel's bar (with a reputation for delicious hand-crafted cocktails and a particularly fine selection of bourbons).
To reserve your room, call The Stella at 1-855-213-0582 and tell them that you are eligible for the SCSECS group rate, or use our dedicated link to reserve on line.
use our dedicated link to make your reservation on line and ensure that you get the discounted SCSECS conference rate.
The Stella Hotel
4100 Lake Atlas Drive
Bryan, TX 77807
From Bryan's Easterwood Airport (approximately 5 minutes by taxi):
From Houston - George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) (approximately 1 hr 40 minutes. NOTE: toll roads)
- Head northeast on McKenzie Terminal Blvd toward Easterwood Service Road
- Continue onto Frontage Raymond Stotzer Pkwy
- Continue onto Turkey Creek Rd
- Turn left on HSC Pkwy
- Turn right onto South Traditions Drive
- Turn right onto Lake Atlas Dr.
- Get on TX-8 Beltway W from Jetero Blvd/Will Clayton Pkwy and John F Kennedy Blvd
- Continue on TX-8 Beltway W. Take Sam Houston Tollway W and TX-249 N to Aggie Expy in Montgomery County
- Get on Hwy 6 N/TX-6 in Navasota from TX-105
- Follow Hwy 6 N to State Hwy 6 S/Texas Ave S in College Station. Take the Texas 6BUS exit from Hwy 6 N
- Take Harvey Mitchell Pkwy S to Lake Atlas Dr in Bryan
Restaurants and Entertainment in the Bryan-College Station (BCS) Area
- Main Street in historic downtown Bryan - charming historic area that is quickly becoming a filming destination for such movies as Rekindling Christmas (2020)
- Five Knocks Speakeasy at the La Salle Hotel. The name says it all!
- Ronin - chic but casual farm-to-table restaurant.
- Christopher's World Grille - a little out of town, but Christopher's gastronomic reputation makes it well worth the drive!
SCSECS 2023 Conference Program | SCSECS Home Page
- Texas A&M University (including the Cushing Memorial Library and Kyle Field)
- Northgate - one-stop entertainment area just across the road from the Texas A&M University campus
- 40 Tempura - one of the best sushi restaurants in Texas outside of the Austin - Dallas - Houston triangle
- The Republic - a classic for those who like all things Texan at top-notch quality.
- Primrose Path - wine and tapas bar adjoining The Republic.